1.22.2011

a jumble of feelings.

So I've had a realization; I have sucked at blogging. I used to love the time I would spend reflecting and writing a few times a month and it seems that I have forgotten what it felt like. So now I am here ;)

I have spent the last few months working hard creating programs to help people with developmental disabilities become more independent, while my wonderful husband works even harder studying to get into medical school. We've had ups and downs and lots of exciting moments but really our life is just wonderful. Last Saturday we welcomed a new member to our family, Alfredo Milano, our new beta. I asked for a dog, Devon bought me a fish and it seems as if that's where the compromise will stay for a while.

This new life; graduating from school, getting married, working full time, and serving in a family ward has proven to be much different than I originally expected. I think I blogged awhile ago about expectations, and I didn't know exactly what I had in mind this time. I can remember thinking that I would have so much more time to do all the things I wanted once I graduated. One word for that thought: HA! I spend my time getting ready for work running out the door and by the time I get home after spending most my day with autistic children I'm so worn out all I want to do is go to bed. I couldn't imagine throwing children into the mix, so here is to you working mothers! There are quite a few where I work and I just want to say, you're all amazing.

I've been trying to find balance in my life. When to further my education, when to start a family, enjoy my life now and figuring out what Heavenly Father would have me do. It's a daily struggle, this balancing act. I'm still trying to figure it out and if I ever get any further in figuring out I'll share. I'm thankful for life though. For an amazing husband that works so hard, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, for great friends, wonderful family, and a testimony. I know with those things I can make anything happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment