10.11.2010

it all started with a kiss.


I used to think this was the stupidest saying of all. Why would someone buy a sign and hang that in their house and how on earth does everything start with a kiss?! Don't people date then fall in love?

So a few weeks ago I went shopping with my neighbor Lisa. We went to the mall and walked through one of the typical "Mormon" shops; you know the ones with all of the signs that say last names and established 2008, or always kiss me goodnight, home, faith & love and all that sorta stuff. Well as we were walking through I saw the sign it all started with a kiss, 'That's stupid', I thought to myself. Then as I thought a little harder I realized that is why I am married now.

Six months ago my wonderful husband was just my friend, my best friend. I had no plans of this changing and certainly wasn't looking to get married. After a long 14 hour drive home from school mid April we didn't get into our town until about 2 or 3 am. Too late for me to go home without a house key. We decided I would just stay at his house and as we pulled in his driveway he asked if he could kiss me. I responded with a hug and a no. I couldn't understand where he was coming from and where the heck he got the idea he could even ask that. Well we continued to get ready for bed and before I took my spot on the couch for the night he asked again. This time I said yes. Whether I was curious, interested or just wanted a kiss, I said yes. From that moment on, things changed. I still had feelings for him.

We started to hold hands, date, and continued to kiss. 2 weeks after our kiss we went ring shopping, 3 weeks later I had a ring on it ;). This time around and with this story, it all started with a kiss. I'm thankful he had the courage to ask because without that changing moment I don't know if I would be married to the wonderful man I am.

Thank you Devon Reese Kienzle
I ♥ you.

1 comment: